Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

2008 is now behind us and what a year it has been. The economic downturn hit so many people so hard and will continue to challenge us in 2009 and beyond. On the political front.... wow. Unbelievable.

Personally, 2008 was a big one for me. First, it was the year I became a grandfather. The beautiful New Year's baby you see here is none other than granddaughter Lori Hernandez. Her arrival on April 24th changed everything. It took me a while to get into the grandpa groove, but I'm in it now, and it's great.

Another highlight for me in 2008 was to see Trudi continue to grow as an artist. She produced some really nice pastels, several of which she turned into cards (Snapfish is so cool!). She is the best thing in my life, and every year that goes by only reinforces that.

I'm also thankful for my friends, who blessed my life this past year more than they know. Too many great visits to even remember. Went to the opera a number of times, which was tons of fun (and brought some "cul-cha" into my life!). I would like to have had more music jam sessions and "guy movie nights," but the ones we did have were great. And I got to play bass at church a bunch, and that was really special.

Professionally, 2008 was a good year, too. I learned a lot and, I think, grew a lot. HP is full of good people, and I was blessed to have worked with the best of the bunch. No, seriously, I mean that. And I'm hopeful that I'll get to continue to work with them in 2009.

New Year's resolutions? Yeah, I have a few, and I'll tell you about them soon.

But in the meantime, Happy New Year, y'all!

No comments: