Saturday, November 22, 2008

Dedicated to the One I Love

"Each night before you go to bed my baby
Whisper a little prayer for me my baby
And tell all the stars above
This is dedicated to the one I love"
("Dedicated to the One I Love" by the Shirelles)

We're in Houston for Thanksgiving with Dana and Jorge. We flew out with Megan and Ryan, who stayed through Tuesday. This past Sunday, Lori was dedicated (sort of like a baptism for those who don't ascribe to infant baptism) during the 9:30 worship service at Grace Presbyterian Church. Pastor Doug Ferguson, who performed Jorge and Dana's wedding ceremony, officiated the brief ceremony. If you've never heard Doug do this, you're missing something; he has a real gift. It was a wonderful time, so full of hope and promise... just like Lori herself. I'll post some photos of the ceremony soon.

I'm not going to even try to be unbiased here. Lori is a delight. Check out the photo at the right (Lori's sweet ride is an early Christmas present from Trudi and me). Unless she's really tired, hungry or needs changing, she's pretty much like this. Cheerful, inquisitive, cute as the dickens, and for a kid this tiny, really strong. She's 7 months old and already crawling around like crazy and pulling herself up to a standing position. That last comment is not so much a brag as it is bad news for Jorge and Dana, who will have their hands full as Lori gets into absolutely everything earlier than anticipated!

What's also been fun is to meet a lot of Dana and Jorge's friends. Great folks all around. Dana Jorge have a very special community of friends, that's for sure, and that is one of life's richest blessings.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow Dave and Trudi, How far we have come from that first Thanksgiving 17 years ago, when you and Craig bbq'd the turkeys. I love thinking of all of you together in Houston. Yay God! Love, Jane