Monday, March 9, 2009

Wanna Hear Some Great Live Music?

Sorry I've been silent for a couple of weeks. Work has been pretty all-consuming of late. I'll try to do a better job of posting more consistently. Those who know me know I love to spread the word about good music. Today's post was triggered by an email from Jared Milos.

If you want to hear some truly outstanding live reggae and soul, you have to check out the Vintage Music Collective at the BBC in Menlo Park this Thursday, March 12, from 10:00 p.m. to 1:00 a.m. In Jared's words, the Vintage Music Collective is "a 12-piece multi-ethnic multi-gendered party-focused band." They pump out some of the "funnest" music you'll ever hear. Trudi and I heard them the last time they were at the BBC, and the place was jumpin'!

While I recognize a number of the band members, I know two: Justin Phipps and Jared Milos. Justin plays pretty much everything, and plays everything well, though he's mostly on guitar here. Jared is the bass player I want to be when I grow up. I'm serious. I've admired Jared's playing ever since I took up the bass. The man can groove, and for me, that's what the bass is all about.

Here are a couple of YouTube links that'll give you a feel for their music:

Hope to see you at the BBC!

No comments: